Monday, January 28, 2013

First Week in the Field


My companion's name is Elder Maddy. He is so cool. We have on date to baptize 1 person and 4 others that should get baptized and will it is just a matter of when. I am serving in Sandy, Utah; it is 1 mile by 1/2 mile. Not very long at all and my companion has served all 8 months in this area. He knows every house and half of the people. lol. It is really cool, so many miracles happen. Example: We were on the last lesson of the day. It was a non active member. We knocked on the door and he did not answer so we went back in the car and I put it in drive. Then my companion told me to hold on and we said a prayer. I prayed for someone to teach. When we opened our eyes that person whose house we were at was right in front of our car. It was so cool. He really wanted to talk to us too. He has a bump on his chest and thinks it might be cancer because he smokes. We gave him a blessing. It was so cool. 

There has been so much that happened. It snowed 7 inches yesterday. Crazy to drive in. We live in a member's house and she is an old lady we call Grandma. She is funny. Also I showed up and I was told that I would be giving a talk in our church this Sunday. You know how much I love giving talks. It went so much better then I thought. I have already learned so much. I wish I had more time to type. I think I will send home my journal when I am done and you can read though that. It has a lot of good stories in it that I can't write.

By the way the average number of baptisms is 30. That's so cool.

Now some advice to the family: Read the Book of Mormon with a question in mind. It always gets answered if you diligently are seeking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment