Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Growing Individuals

The baptism went really well. I was able to baptized Christina]. The second person I have ever actually baptized my self. It went great! She is not very tall so it was easy to help her under the water. 
I was nervous though. I think I am always nervous when it comes to doing things for the first few times. For example, when I knocked on my first door I was vary scared, but I was able to overcome it. Now it is actually something I enjoy. Strange how things can change so fast. 
Christina has made some big changes in her life to be here now, but she has made a complete turn around and now is loving the church. She even scheduled an appointment with the Bishop to get a calling as soon as possible. She is now a primary worker for the Sunbeams. That is really cool. She will be a great member of the church. 

My companion has been sick this week so we have not been able to do as much as I would like to have done, but the work still progresses and I still love it. 

My district is doing really well. Lots of baptisms this past week. Our sisters had 1 baptism and the elders had 4 and we had 1. Really exciting when you see the work all around you progressing at a fast rate. 

I think I already told you this, but we are studying the Atonement this month. It is really incredible. What it actually does for us. I believe this is some of the best studying I have every had, because I see my self changing based on what I learn from it. lots to learn and lots of scriptures to read and talks. 
Do you know how many times it says the word "atonement" in the New Testament? One time. That is it. That is one of the reasons that we believe that Book of Mormon is so special because it testifies of Christ and tells us more about what He did for us. 


I went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders. That was fun to see how other Elders work and their strengths. I like that, but for some reason I like being in my own area with my own companion. It feels more normal to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment