Monday, May 5, 2014

Baptism and Miracles

This week has been crazy. so many things happening. We now have 8 people on date to be baptized. Crazy right! I love it when I am busy. Always running from appointment to appointment. 2 will be baptized on May 10; then 5 more will be baptized on May 17th; then 1 more will be baptized on May 24th. Crazy right? Lots of work to be done here in Draper, Utah. I love it so much. My companion is still awesome even though he is not a very good driver. haha. The stake loves us and we are working o hard to get to each of the appointments that we have set up. Some times it is hard to find a time when we don't have an appointment. Especially in the evening. 

We have had lots of miracles happen to us all the time.

Ex. We were driving down the street one day and I thought to my self: Well there is a house that people move in and out of really quickly and I know that people in the past were semi interested so I went and knocked on the door. There was this lady here and she told us that she had moved in about 3 days ago from Georgia and had already taken the lessons from the sister missionaries and she wanted to be baptized. So she was really surprised when we knocked on the door. She could not be baptized earlier because she was cohabitating with a guy. But now she lives by her self and her 4 kids!! Wow! That was a good night. She was so excited to see us and to be able to be baptized now. I know that there are lots of these people out there and they are just waiting for someone to invite them. Another miracle is that there was a member that talked to someone in the line at the post office and she asked her if she would be willing to go to Church with her and she said yes. Now she wants to meet with us to take the missionary lessons. I will tell you more about that this Sunday when I am able to talk to all of you. Exciting!


The pictures are of an 8 year old girl that I helped teach to get her baptized. Her birthday is in about 1 month when she turns 9. I like Ryhia. She is so funny. The dad a recently returning member did his first confirmation for her. He is one of the coolest guys I know. I am actually thinking of working for him in the summer next year. I have had lots of people tell me that I can stay with them after my mission. So nice of these people. 


This is my last district
The other one is a bad picture but my companion made me breakfast. How nice of him.
This is a guy that feeds us dinner he is a co-founder of Children's Miracle Network that was really cool. He has so many things signed by every famous person in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment