Monday, February 18, 2013

Obedience and Continued Learning


Obedience is what I am going to work on. We are very obedient, but we need to be 100% obedient and that is what I will strive to do. So no going to bed a few minutes late or getting up right away and not waiting a few minutes to wake up more.
I learned that we need to be a lot more like King Benjamin. He worked for himself even though he was king. We all need to still work hard even if a lot of the members are doing things for you. We are required to help them back by giving a quick lesson and bring people to the gospel.
I made [my companion] breakfast the other day. We work well together in everything we do. :)
This week we have had very good lessons. The people that we invited to be baptized are already changing and I can see that in them. That is very cool to me because it helps me see that the gospel really does change lives for the better.

So Monica, we get quite a few atheists here in Utah. I have found that what best helps them is example and your testimony. Tell her that you know that there is a God out there and that He loves me and you. 

Robert, I am glad that you learned that you can always learn. Before my mission I thought I had a very strong knowledge about our religion, but I learned that I know almost nothing. Some questions are hard to answer when people talk about parts of the Bible that we believe in and I know nothing about. Example: We have an investigator who is ready for baptism but does not think that she knows about Joseph Smith. So she is asking questions about other faiths like Jehovah Witnesses. They believe that only a certain number of people will be saved because of what it says in Revelations. I did not know anything about that at all. Luckily my companion did and we were able to answer his question.

We have lots of people preparing for baptisms. We are going to have 2 for sure this week!!! Yay. I am really excited for those baptisms. 
They are both young like 9-12. They are from family that were not active. Now they are becoming active. It is so cool that all of this is happening. We had several fall off date because of not going to church. (It was stake conference).
We also have this potential investigator who is a historian and he believes that Jesus Christ is black and most of the people in the Bible. He won't get baptized until we change all of the pictures in the church to him being black. He does not believe that God would give any one church the full Gospel. (That is strange). He is a great guy. He talks way too much and we spend a lot of time trying to get out of there. lol.

I saw a great video in stake conference. It was called something like "Earthly Father and Heavenly Father". You should try to find it. [It can be found here]. It was really inspirational. I stink at remembering peoples names. I don't know how to improve this. I study the names in personal study. I am scared to think that when the transfers occur that I will be left here and have to teach the new missionary where things are and peoples names.

Well I love you Mom, Dad, Alex, Ben, Monica, Robert and Grandpa and Grandma, plus the whole ward.
Elder Walker

By the way Mom never give the missionaries pizza I got it 3 times this week. It get old after a while. You should ask them what they want to avoid repeating the same meal every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment