Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Weekend

I like that I remember when the Book of Mormon story about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies tells us about the part when they go outside and get slaughtered. I am really sad, but I remember that they are dying to keep there covenants they are blessed and their families are blessed and everyone that hears the story including us.

This week has been interesting. The beginning of the week was slow. Very little work because we baptized all of our investigators, but as we were persistent we were blessed with 6 new investigators. Now they are going to be a little harder to be able to baptize, because of their circumstances but the fact that the Lord blessed us with this many is such a miracle. I love following the commandments. I have found that when a commandment aka mission rule is harder to follow, when you are able to stay exactly obedient then you will be blessed more. I love that. 

Also Happy Fathers Day Dad!!
I kinda forgot it was fathers day until when in church and they had gifts after Church because of Fathers day. We got lots of gifts. We are the ones that people think of. Well I have 20 extra sodas. Who would use them? How about the missionaries? Then we get 20 cans of soda that we will not drink because that is way too much so we give it away to some of the families we are teaching. Same thing with candy and cookies. We even gave away a pie the other day.

We have been doing lots of service. Like mowing peoples lawns, weeding or other yard work activities. I am now a professional mover. I have moved so many people on my mission that I think I would be qualified as a professional mover. I can even do it in dress clothes when it is snowing or sunny when it is wet or dry. I like doing that. 

Also Kaden the recent convert of mine that was baptized a few weeks ago just got the Aaronic Priesthood. I was able to be part of the circle. I was also able to talk to Brother Maltsburger and found out some really cool things about him. He said he reads the Book of Mormon every day and he is the Sunday school president in his ward. Also he is moving and he told his wife that as soon as they move into the new house they are going to both go to church, because she still does not go to church. The wife is a member but less active because of word of wisdom problems. I love them so much.

Only problem with older people is that they like to talk a lot. As missionaries we have a busy schedule and they talk and talk and I don't think they realize that they just took up an hour of our time when at the beginning I tell them we have 10 mins to visit. Don't get me wrong, I like to talk especially to people that mean a lot to me, but we have a lot of things to do and I don't think it is the most productive use of the Lords time.

I am the kind of elder that likes doing things and always be doing something productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment