Thursday, August 29, 2013

More Baptisms!

We had another baptism in our stake Saturday. He is slightly autistic, but he loves the water. Missionaries have been working with him for about 2 years and he is finally baptized. His father was the one who baptized him. He was baptized about 2 years ago and last week he received the aaronic priesthood. He has been working so hard for that. He had to be baptized 6 times before Kayden went all the way under the water. I think his Dad was nervous about everything. Kayden loved it. He would come up. Look at his Dad and his Dad would look at the witnesses and they would say do it again. Lots of practice makes perfect.

After in the changing room Kayden said that that was the coolest bath tub he has ever seen. He loved it. When we were teaching Kayden we were wondering if he really was accountable because he would act completely different, but on the interview day he became really calm and answered the questions so much better then when we were practicing them. I believe that it was God helping Kayden. That was a really cool miracle. He has a really hard time sitting still as well so I was a little worried about his baptism and if he could sit that whole time. He did wonderfully. The Lord continues to bless everyone that follows him.

After he was baptized we had no investigators that were on date or no progressing investigators. So, last week we did lots of tracting. Probably more then I ever have done in my entire mission. We found some potentials, but no new investigators. I actually like tracting. You meet so many interesting people, but this Sunday we had a girl come with the Relief Society President to Church. She was a former investigator that dropped my companion before I was in the area. She said that she would like to meet again. So yesterday, at 4:30 we had an appointment and she is now on date for baptism on September 7! I am excited. we have been having good success in this area. The only problem is that we are baptizing all the investigators that we find so we have no one to teach.

Right before the baptism there was a crazy rain storm. It came in really fast and rained really hard. That was so much fun I love the rain. then it started to hail so we stopped and knocked on a random door so that we could be protected a little. No luck on the door but we did not get bruised from the hail. I have heard a saying for Utah. If you don't like the weather you wait 5 minutes. that is the most true saying I have ever heard describe Utah. The weather changes so fast. Last year it snowed 2 feet in June. Crazy.

Also happy birthday to you Mom. I am really bad at remembering the birthday of people as well. That is one of the reasons that I liked the newsletter. So I can remember when my family's birthdays are. I know that Monica is now rolling her eyes at me because I don't remember all of my family's birthdays. O well.

We also had a zone conference last week. I wrote a letter to Ben describing it. I can't describe it all in the time I have on the computer, but know that I learned a lot from it. I am glad I am not a Zone leader or district leader because I am still learning and I don't want to be the one teaching yet. Ben I am glad there are missionaries out there that like talks as much as you do. I really still don't like talks even if I am getting better at them. They don't scare me as much as they used to, but if I was asked to give a talk with out any forewarning I would tell the congregation that I am going to read lots of scriptures to them and just explain it. That is all that they would get out of me. If they wanted a better talk then they better give me more time to prepare it. Maybe I will change my attitude later in my mission, but for now that is what I am sticking to. I would read a really deep doctrine verse and discuss that verse for 15 min and then I would be done. Ex: I would talk about 2 Nephi 31:20 that would be my whole talk.  I would also talk very slow (unless there was an investigator there then I would talk about the importance of being baptized and would read 3 Nephi 11:33-34) just kidding. You have to read the verse to get my joke.

Ben the most I have ever ridden in a car in my whole mission is when I was on an exchange with the Tongan Elders and they cover the whole mission I was probably in the car for a whole 40 min once. and that was across my whole mission.

Robert I sent your letter today. Just still love me even with what I said OK! I also wrote you a letter Monica, but it was a lot shorter then the one that Robert got. Sorry Robert's letter is 2 pages long and took me an hour and a half to write it. I was tired after that. Sorry Monica.

No comments:

Post a Comment