Monday, March 18, 2013

Teaching Lessons


So this week we have 5 people on date for baptism and 3 of them are very solid. One way I have figured out to solidify them from getting off date is to make the program early, mabay the third lesson and also to bring up their date every time you meet with them. Sometimes this is hard to do because we do not want them to say, "Lets not have it then because of . . . " but I learned that if we have faith then we will be able to solidify the date even more. 

I was wondering if Monica used Preach my Gospel for her lesson on the Atonement. It is such a great resource that we can use. The scriptures are great and Mom you can even use the personal study ideas or companionship study ideas in Seminary. That would get them used to Preach My Gospel so that when they enter into the MTC they will be familiar to it. 

I talked to Kevin Pilcher this week. He is doing great. It was really fun to talk to him and to be able to have someone I know for more then 2 months to be around. Although is is hard to call him Elder Pilcher when I know him as Kevin. lol 

So something that was funny that happened this week. We visited a nonmember that has been to church when she was younger but never baptized. Well, we talked a little about the Plan of Salvation and then asked if she would say a prayer. She said no. So after trying for a while to get her to say it, I offered to do it. I was praying for her to understand what we were teaching and then she started to laugh during the prayer at me. She said that she thought is was funny that I was praying for her. My companion never opened his eyes and I then continued to finish the prayer after that interruption  That was the strangest prayer that I have ever had to give.

I am glad Alex got my letter. I have not sent any for a while. Kaitlyn Durham also sent me a letter. The first letter from someone besides my family. Yay! 

Quick questions can you give me a list of where everyone in my family has served or are currently serving. like uncles and ants and cousins? I know Grandpa knows his children by heart.
 
Also dad there are by far a lot more Utah fans here then BYU. I use that when I talk to people at the door. "So are you a Utah fan" (they have red all over there car and house). They say, "Yes." I say, "My dad is a Utah fan too." It is helpful to have something in common with people so they see you as a missionary and a real person and not someone to slam the door on. lol

Elder Joshua Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment