Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference Weekend

First no I was not transferred neither was my companion Elder Kolpakov. 

I loved conference as well. I also noticed lots of references to prayer in Conference. I thought that it was really good. I can now officially say that I have been to President Monson's favorite session of Conference. (Sunday morning) I went to 2 sessions in the Conference Center. One was Saturday afternoon and the other was Sunday morning. That is such a blessing to be able to actually see the prophet and the apostles in person. 

I have also heard about the government shutting down. If you listened to the conference they talked a lot about enduring to the end and that if we have faith in Christ that we will be able to overcome all challenges. President Monson said this along with other general authorities.  I believe that hard times are going to hit us hard this next 6 months. I also think that is why President Monson talked a lot about home teaching in Priesthood Session.

We had a good week. We found 4 new investigators. That was cool. The stake that we are in loves us so much. We get compliments from so many people in this stake. The missionaries that were in this stake before us did not do much work, so when missionaries do come in that want to work, it gets going fast. I really like the area we are in. There are always so many things we can do as missionaries. 
It is also really cool to see your recent converts continue to come to church and prepare to receive the Aaronic priesthood. I love that as well. I am excited for you Ben. I know that you will be able to see such changes in  your daily life outside of a mission. 

I think that you will be able to help Robert grow in ways that he did not think he could grow. As well as others around us. By the way I want you to record Ben when he comes home and when he teaches lessons to our family so I will be able to watch them in the future. I think that would be really cool to be able to see that later. 

Somebody gave me a harmonica because they want me to be able to play a duet with Elder Kolpakov when he plays a song on his accordion. It is harder to play then it looks, but I am learning. 
I love you all and I love the things that I am doing here. 
Elder Walker

Pray always.

No comments:

Post a Comment